At Wowzers, we believe learning doesnt just take place in the classroom. Opportunities to learn are all around, including when-and wherever the student may be. Wowzers is cloud-based, so it doesnt matter what type of device your child may have. Mac, PC? Android, iPad? No Problem!
Students using currently Wowzers via their school can login from any internet-connected device inside and outside of the classroom. Students with desktop, laptop, or netbook access can go login.wowzers.com, enter their login information (including username and password), and theyll be on the way! Students with mobile devices (iPads, Android tablets, etc.) can access Wowzers via our mobile app (directions below).
Wowzers Home Access Instructions
Here are some helpful tips for parents and students using Wowzers outside the classroom! We strongly encourage you to use the Wowzers mobile apps when using an iOS or Android device:
- For iOS users (iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch):
- Go to the iOS App Store, then search for Wowzers. The app is free to install. Once installed, enter your student's username and password and you're on your way.
- For Android device users:
- Go to wowzers.com/android and download the "Wowzers" app. Also, make sure your device allows "Third Party" application downloads. If you experience problems, be sure to click on the HELP link located on the download page. Once again, when installed, simply enter your student's username and password, and they'll be ready to go.
- For desktop or laptop users:
- Go to login.wowzers.com and enter your student's username and password. We recommend using Chrome or Firefox as your internet browser when playing Wowzers. Safari and Internet Explorer work as well.
Additionally, you can find a list of the minimum system requirements for a pleasant Wowzers experience on our System Requirements page. Also, please be aware that students cannot login unless they have a school-provided Wowzers subscription and authorized username/password.
Quick Troubleshooting Tips
If you encounter problems while using Wowzers via your internet browser, we recommend that you first try:
- Refreshing your browser
- Updating to the latest version of Flash:
- Adobe Flash Player Update Link
- Having trouble updating the flash player? Following the instructions from Adobe found at: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/no-video-display-flash-player.html
- Clearing your internet browsers cache, instructions for this simple operation can be found in the help section of your browser